Tourtiere (meat pie from Quebec)
A traditional meat pie for Christmas.
1 lb lean minced pork
1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp savory
1 small bay leaf
1/4 cup boiling water
pastry, for top and bottom of pie
1. Mix pork, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, savory and cloves.
2. Add bay leaf and water.
3. Simmer meat mixture uncovered for 20 minutes
4. Remove bay leaf
5. Cool. Skim off fat.
6. Line pie dish with pastry. Fill with meat mixture.
7. Cover with top pastry. Seal Edges. Cut steam vents.
8. Bake until lightly browned, approx 30 minutes 425-degrees
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Healthy Recipes and Menus.