are more suggestions to help you sleep easier:
- Identify allergies, pain, inflammations and deal with them.
- Check out your mattress, pillow, bed linens and sleeping attire to prevent
allergies and induce the most comfortable sleep.
- Make sure cleaning detergents aren't triggering asthma or allergies.
- Remove white noise distractions such as computers, T.V.'s (quiet fans/heaters
- Eating and exercising should be done early - 3 hours before bedtime.
- Create a 20" bedtime routine - brush teeth, meditation, read a short time,
- Bedroom should be dark and cool.
- Establish a set wake up time (7 days a week).
If you suffer insomnia (getting to or returning to sleep) don't fight to get
to sleep. Get up and do some light activity (walk, meditate, do yoga, drink
a few oz. of milk) and after 20" go back to bed.
If you can only sleep 5 hours try sleeping only 4 hours and then add 15" a
night. It resets your clock.
- Do not consume caffeine 3 hours before bed.
- Do not consume alcohol 2 hours before bedtime because it boomerangs 2 hours
later and wakes you up!
- Do not use nicotine 2 hours before bedtime.
- Do not eat big meals 3 hours before bedtime. This avoids reflux from prone position with a full tummy.
Tips to Sleep Better
Return to "Stresstonics"