Nannys 7 layer casserole
(Port Alberni, Canada)
Our Nanny used to make this. When we were old enough to help, we enjoyed the layering.
* 1 pound ground beef, browned, drained, and seasoned
* salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, celery salt
* 1 cup raw potato, cubed
* 1 cup raw carrots, sliced
* 1/4 cup raw rice
* 1 raw onion, sliced thinly
* 1 cup peas, frozen or fresh
* 2 cups canned tomatoes, including juice
Assemble the casserole in layers, starting with:
1. bottom layer: potato cubes
2. next layer: carrot slices
3. next layer: raw rice
4. next layer: raw onion slices
5. next layer: peas
6. next layer: seasoned ground beef (cooked)
7. top layer: canned tomatoes with juice
Bake 350 degrees for 1 hour.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Healthy Recipes and Menus.