James Barber's 40 Cloves of Garlic Roast Chicken
by Roger & Tony
Easy and delicious.
1 frying chicken (about 3 or 4 pounds)
1 organic lemon
3-4 heads (yes heads) of garlic
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400F
2. Without peeling the garlic, separate the heads into cloves. Scatter cloves in bottom of roasting pan.
3. Rub chicken with salt, pepper, and olive oil.
4. Pierce the skin of the lemon with a sharp knife in several spots. Place whole lemon inside chicken cavity.
5. Place chicken on top of garlic cloves in roasting pan.
6. Place in 400F. Cook for 1 hour.
7. When cooked, remove chicken, and let rest 15-20 minutes.
8. Pour pan juices into glass measuring cup. Let fat rise.
9. Remove fat, serve juices (with all the flavour) with chicken.
10. If you wish, you can also add 1 cup wine to the juices and reduce by half, and then serve with chicken.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Healthy Recipes and Menus.