Holiday Pretzel Treats
photo credit - Family Fun Magazine
We eat these treats year round. The teenagers can't get enough of them.
This recipe is from Family Fun Magazine http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/holiday-pretzel-treats-685006/
Salty pretzels combine with sweet chocolate for these fun treats that make a yummy gift few can resist. (In fact, you may want to make some extras for yourself!)
* Bite-size, waffle-shaped pretzels
* Hershey's Kiss or Hershey's Hug
* red and green M&M's candies or smarties
1. Heat the oven to 170F. Set a number of bite-size, waffle-shaped pretzels (one for each treat) in a single layer on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, then top each pretzel with an unwrapped Hershey's Kiss or Hershey's Hug.
2. Bake for 4 to 6 minutes (the white chocolate will melt more quickly), until the chocolates feel soft when touched with a wooden spoon. Remove the cookie sheet from the oven and quickly press an M&M's candy into the center of each Kiss.
3. Allow the treats to cool for a few minutes, then place them in the refrigerator to set, about 10 minutes. Place handfuls of the candies in clear plastic bags and tie on colorful ribbons.
Click here to post comments.
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How?
Simply click here to return to Healthy Recipes and Menus.