by Kirsty Samson
Great for a buffet table.
* 5 cups pre-cooked couscous
* 7 1/2 cups boiling stock (chicken or vegetable)
* 1/3 cup butter
* 2 large onions, finely chopped
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 3 carrots, finely chopped
* 2 ribs celery, finely chopped
* 1/2 cup water
* 2 cans garbanzo beans (chick peas), drained and rinsed
* 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
* 1/2 cup chopped almonds
* 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1. In large pot, bring stock to boil, then turn off heat.
2. Add pre-cooked couscous, and let stand 15 minutes.
3. In saucepan, melt butter, saute onions and garlic.
4. Add carrots and water to onions and garlic, cover and cook 5 or 6 minutes.
6. Add garbanzo beans, and cook an additional 5 minutes.
7. Carefully stir hot vegetable mixture into couscous.
8. Stir nuts and parsley into couscous mixture.
9. Transfer into large serving bowl or platter.
10. Garnish with additional chopped nuts and parsley.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Healthy Recipes and Menus.