Chocolate Carrot Cake
1 1/2 cups silted flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
1/2 cup raisins
1/3 cup sweetened flaked coconut
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 vegetable oil
4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, melted
3 cups grated carrots
1/2 pound cream cheese
1/4 pound semisweet chocolate, melted
2 cups icing sugar
1. Combine dry ingredients:
* baking powder
* baking soda
2. To above, add walnuts, raisins, coconut.
3. Beat eggs, slowly add both sugars. Add oil. Beat in melted chocolate. Stir in carrots.
4. Add flour mixture all at once and mix well.
5. Bake in greased 13x9 pan for 35-40 minutes at 325-F.
6. Icing: Beat cream cheese until light. Beat in melted chocolate. Gradually beat in sugar. Cover and chill for 30-60 minutes.
7. Once cake has completely cooled, ice.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Healthy Recipes and Menus.